Click the image to view the gallery
Pair of Monumental Carved Marble Urns, Circa 1900, Price Upon Request
A monumental pair of exquisitely carved campagna style marble urns, circa 1900. In two parts with square plinth bases (pictured separately). Having a cup shape with flared lips and looped handles. Highly decorated in the classical style with relief of mythical horned faces, floral swags, vining grapes, and baskets of fruit and flowers. Beautiful weathered surface. In very good antique condition with bases having some unevenness due to natural weathering. Incredible in their size and artistry. Please inquire for pricing.
Provenance: These urns are from the Convent of Sacred Heart in Noroton, CT. The original property known as the “Brick House” was built on the tip of Long Neck Point in Darien, CT by Howell and Stokes builders for Anson Phelps Stokes around the turn of the 20th century. Andrew Carnegie summered here and Eunice Kennedy and her sister attended school here after it became Sacred Heart. See photos of the original property and its evolution at the end of this listing.
Bases: 36″ square x 10-1/2″H (each, approximate)
An RT Facts Find